POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Microsoft Arrrrggghhh! : Re: Microsoft Arrrrggghhh! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Microsoft Arrrrggghhh!
From: scott
Date: 24 Jul 2009 05:21:37
Message: <4a697d21$1@news.povray.org>
> After waiting for it to get to 97% of the download and finally giving up
> and going to dinner, I come back after 2 hours to find a dialog box saying
> "This is going to take about an hour to install what you just downloaded.
> Are you sure you want to start it?"

Hehe, I was copying over about 80GB of data to an external harddrive, I
watched it for about 5 minutes while it was "discovering files" or some such
until it said 2 hours 53 remaining or whatever.  I came back a few hours
later and there was a "Do you want to copy this file without it's
properties?" dialog box and it had hardly started the copying!  Is it too
hard to ask that it continues to copy other files while it is waiting for
you to answer a question about one file?